What is Driver Easy?
A lot of computer-related problems are caused by outdated device drivers. Driver Easy is a software by Ease ware Technology Limited that fix these problems. It detects all missing, mismatched, outdated drivers and updates them so that they can run without any problem. This driver updater software has access to millions of device drivers at the click of a button. The interface is also very easy to use.
For which Operating System is it available for?
Driver Easy is currently available for both 32-Bit and 64-Bit versions of Windows 7, 8.1 and 10. There are many alternatives available for other operating systems like Driver Booster, etc. that do the same thing.
Is it Free?
Yes, there are three versions of the software available. One is the free basic version (Lite), second is the Pro version and the third is the Technician version. You can download the basic version of the software and install it on your PC from the web. For the Pro and Technician, you will have to shell out $29.95, 3 PCs for 1 year and $99.50, 50 PCs for 3 days each respectively.
What will I get in the Pro and Technician versions of the software?
The Pro and the Technician versions come with a lot of benefits that are not available in the free version.
Some of the features are:
- You can click to download and install all drivers automatically.
- Can install drivers one at a time. In the free version, you will have to install the drivers manually.
- Driver Easy can also work as a system information tool as it displays the basic info about CPU, motherboard, graphics card, etc.
- There is an Auto restore point.
- Auto system backup in case things go south.
- You can also roll back to the previous version of drivers.
- Free tech support, Commercial use.
- Automatically updates itself to the latest Driver Easy version.
- It also speeds up the downloading speed of Windows updates.
- Driver Easy also shows you a comparison between the currently installed driver and the driver that should be installed and updated.
Do you really need Driver Easy?
It depends from person to person. The main advantage of having this software is the ease of updating the drivers which otherwise you would have to do manually through device manager in windows. Updating the drivers manually is a slow, time-consuming process. Driver Easy makes it fast. You do not have to worry about updating the drivers. This software schedules the updates and updates the drivers automatically.
Is it safe?
Driver Easy is a Norton Secured software. It is trusted and monitored by AppEsteem. It is also rated 4.5/5 by Trustpilot, which is a website where users post their reviews about a particular product. Ratings from these three almost confirm that this software is very safe and secure. There are also a lot of positive reviews about this software available on the internet. It does not contain any malware or viruses. There are many cracked versions of this software available on the internet which might contain viruses as they are cracked by hackers. One must download it from Driver Easy’s official website. Downloading it from other sources is not at all recommendable.
The short simple answer to the question Is Driver Easy safe? is YES. This software is verified and is completely safe to use. Going by the user reviews there is little to worry about. It is also one of the best drivers updating software for Windows out there. You can definitely choose it if you want to ease out the driver updating process on your PC and make the updating process faster.