What is Overwatch?
Overwatch is a very popular multiplayer first-person shooter video game. It is a team-based game. This video game was published by Blizzard Entertainment, an American video game publisher and developer based in California, United States of America. Overwatch was revealed in 2014, at BlizzCon event. It was in a closed beta from late 2015 to early 2016. An open beta before release drew in approximately ten million players worldwide. As of 2020, Overwatch has currently over fifty million users worldwide.
Why is Overwatch so Popular?
The gameplay is a bit different from most of the other first-person shooter games out there. This game assigns players into two teams of six players. Each player has to select from a roster of over thirty characters, known as “heroes”. Each “hero” has a unique style of play. These roles are then divided into three general roles that fit their purpose. The main mission or objective is to work together as a team and secure, defend control points on a map or escort a payload across the map in the given time frame. The unique concept and intuitive gameplay make this game popular.
Overwatch is available on which platform and how much does the game costs?
Overwatch is a very popular game, so it is available on most of the modern day gaming platforms.
Some of the platforms are:
- Microsoft Windows (PC)
- Playstation 4
- Xbox One
- Nintendo Switch
You can buy Overwatch from the store or the online stores like steam, etc. The cost of this game hovers around $20 to $40. You can also get great deals on this game when there is some sale going on.
Top 3 Methods to get Overwatch for free
- Use Battle.net to play Overwatch for free
This method is only for the PC users. Both Battle.net and Overwatch are created by Blizzard Entertainment. With Battle.net, you can download Overwatch on your PC for free.
- Go to Battle.net and sign up with your account. Then Log in into the website.
- After you have logged in, download the desktop app of Battle.net.
- Once you have downloaded the app, log in your Blizzard account on the app.
- Now open Command Prompt. Paste the code battle.net-game=Prometheus-install. After pasting the code you will get a notification telling you to start the installation of Overwatch.
- Here’s a caveat to this method- Blizzard might ban you if they find you playing Overwatch by using this method. You will lose all your points and your hard earned rank in case you get banned.
- Use websites like Survey Junkie, Life Points, Inbox Dollars.
Survey Junkie, Life Points, Inbox Dollars are survey websites where you can earn money by doing some surveys online. These websites are very simple to use. You just have to log in and start doing surveys. After completing the surveys these websites will then pay you some money. You can buy the game for yourself with that money.
- Borrow your friend’s account or play with them.
You can always ask your friends to let you play with them. It makes sense to play with your friends as Overwatch is a multiplayer team game. You are not supposed to play it alone. But everything that’s free is not 100% free of cost. If not in monetary terms, you will have to pay by earning credits for them because it is their game and their profile you’re playing in.
Overwatch is a very popular multiplayer first-person shooter video game. It is a paid game. It is available on most of the modern-day gaming platforms. There is no legitimate way to get this game for free. You might get it for free but you will get banned for it someday. The paid staff has its perks. It might cost you some dollars but you will get the game and won’t be worrying about getting banned, losing your credits and rank in the game.